Vitolo lost his place atop the fastest Europa League goalscorers as Jan Sykora netted against Qarabag just seconds in for Slovan Liberec.
Jan Sykora needed just 12 seconds to enter the Europa League record books by scoring the fastest goal in the competition's history in Slovan Liberec's visit to Qarabag on Thursday.
The midfielder coolly slotted into the bottom left-hand corner from the edge of the penalty area at the Dalga Arena to put Slovan into a swift 1-0 lead in the Group J contest, although Michel equalised for the hosts in the seventh minute.
Sykora's effort shaved a second off the former record set by Vitolo for Sevilla in a 3-1 victory over Villarreal in March 2015.The match ended in equally dramatic circumstances as Rashad Sadygov scored an injury-time equaliser to earn Qarabag a 2-2 draw after Milan Baros had put Slovan back in front in the 68th minute.
Top 5 quickest Europa League goals
1) Jan Sykora - 12 seconds (Qarabag v Slovan Liberec, September 2016)
2) Vitolo - 13 seconds (Villarreal v Sevilla, March 2015)
3) Ismael Blanco - 15 seconds (AEK Athens v BATE, November 2009)
4) Keita Balde - 16 seconds (Ludogorets v Lazio, February 2014)
5) Juan Mata -18 seconds (Valencia v Club Brugge, February 2010)