Sad Ghanaian teenager allegedly killed in Paris attacks

The Ghana Embassy in France had earlier stated that its attempt to probe the reported death had proved futile.

  • Published:
The late Otis Nuako play

The late Otis Nuako

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A Ghanaian teenager, Otis Nuako, has been allegedly killed in the Paris terrorist attacks that happened last friday.

The Ghana Embassy in France had earlier stated that its attempt to probe the reported death had proved futile.

Ghana’s foreign affairs ministry had subsequently announced that no Ghanaian died in the deadly terrorist attacks.

However, in an interview with ghanainfrance.com, father of the deceased, Elder Ahenkan said he was informed of his son’s death on Sunday after he was hospitalised following the Paris attacks.

"They called me on Sunday that he was in the hospital, we went to the hospital and I noticed he was in comma but eventually he died," he said.

Meanwhile, the Ghanaian mission in France had earlier claimed in a statement that Nuako’s death is not related to the attacks.

Below are details of the earlier statement issued by the mission in France

Unconfirmed rumours within the Ghanaian Community and on Facebook over the past twenty-four (24) hours claim that a Ghanaian national whose name has been given as Otis NUAKO was a casualty of the November 13th terrorist attacks in Paris.

A member of the Ghanaian Community who gave his name as Baah sent a text message to the officer responsible for the Diaspora claiming that the said NUAKO, a 19-year old boy, was killed at the French national stadium (Stade de France) during the attacks. This information was circulated on Facebook and subsequently on the Ghana in France website.

On hearing the rumour the Mission immediately contacted the French Police who indicated that it has no record of any Ghanaian casualties or anybody with the said name on the list of the identified bodies. Reports in the French media indicate that only three (3) people died at the National Stadium where the said Ghanaian is alleged to have died.

They were the 2 suicide bombers and a Portuguese transport worker in the vicinity. Other members of the Ghanaian community have come forward to say that the young man was a delinquent and that his death is completely unrelated to the terrorist attack. All attempts to contact the family to verify the story have been in vain. The Consul will attempt to identify the area in which he is alleged to have died tomorrow and visit the local Police Station there.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos





Top Articles

1 COCOBOD Matters Hackman shocked over GHc 70,000 salary for COCOBOD CEObullet
2 Cars for MDA's Prez Nana Addo halts purchase of new vehicles indefinitelybullet
3 Pension Pay 40 former MPs drag govt to court over pension paybullet
4 Photos Nana Addo’s daughters throw him a birthday partybullet
5 Mike Oquaye Ghana's Speaker of Parliament is a "big fool" -...bullet
6 REGSEC Coordinator Attack Delta Force Leader apologises to...bullet
7 AMERI Power Plant Here is the full report on the $510m...bullet
8 Wrong Robbery Suspected armed robber electrocuted at Oyarifabullet
9 AMERI Deal AMERI Power agreement was not fraudulent -...bullet
10 Sexual Abuse Lady accused of abusing pal with 'dildo'...bullet

Top Videos

1 Ghana@60 Agya Koo embarrassed Ghana at Independence Day - Asiedu Nketiabullet
2 Video Metro Mass bus catches fire on Cape Coast-Kasoa highwaybullet
3 Prophecy I predicted Kintampo accident - Prophetbullet
4 In Zimbabwe President Mugabe’s 70 year-old aide marries his...bullet
5 Meet Aisha the female mate who aspires to be a driverbullet
6 Obinim What happen'd when we fact checked Obinim's Bible knowledgebullet
7 Meet "The Beast" President Obama's Cadillac that's more tank...bullet
8 Health Alert Fufu is killing Africans - Mensah Otabilbullet
9 Video Taxi driver terrified after an encounter with a ghostbullet
10 Vitiligo Enam Honya - is challenging what you think...bullet

News