ECG said the unfortunate incident is due to the hazards associated with their work across the country.
Two staff of the Electricity Company of Ghana have so far died through electrocution while 42 others have sustained various degrees of injuries this year, the Manager of Safety, Health and Environment Policy at ECG, Smith Graham has said.
Speaking to Accra-based Starr Fm, Smith Graham said the unfortunate incident is due to the hazards associated with their work across the country.
“This year we have had 25 accidents and the persons involved are about 42 and unfortunately two of them died, they were electrocuted in the Volta and Central regions.
“About three of the accidents were assaults that is the public attacking our staff for performing their normal duties… you see most of them don’t understand how we work," Mr. Graham said.
He further indicated that ECG is embarking on a massive public education to create awareness about their work.
Meanwhile, the Electricity Company of Ghana has launched the 3rd Environmental Awareness Week in Koforidua.
The week-long programme is under the theme: "Enhancing Safety Health and Environmental Consciousness at the Workplace."