Mechanic blames gutted garage in Darkuman on rampant power outage
Fire outbreak destroying properties running into several millions of cedis has been recorded at a garage at Darkuman on Thursday dawn. Items destroyed by the fire includes, 7 cars, car batteries and accessories, car tyres and an unspecified amount of money.
In an interview, a mechanic at the garage who identified himself as Yaw Darfah Jonas said that, the fire started around 2 am from a store room at the garage and subsequently spread to all vehicles and apartments nearby. He attributed the cause of the fire to a power outage which occurred the previous day.
‘’The light went off about 10 times yesterday and I am sure that is the reason we have this fire now," he said. He alleged that though they called the fire service in time, they arrived after an hour. The fire was put under control by fire service personnel.