The abduction and sexually assaulted YFM presenter according to the police was staged.
The lady at the centre of the Takoradi alleged abduction and sexual assault has been described as someone noted for concocting stories according to some of her class mates in secondary school.
She has been identified as an old student of the Krobo Girls Senior High School in the Eastern region.
She is said to have entered the school in 2005 but was expelled in her final year in 2008 for theft, according to some of her classmates.
In an interview with some of them, they told Graphiconline that they knew her in school as Persis Naana Akosua Appiah Antwi who read General Arts in secondary school.
She responded to the nickname "Arrested Teenager."
According to them, she once faked an asthma attack just to escape punishment.
On another occasion she was said to have tried to poison the student population by attempting to pour acid into the school’s water source. She was however caught before she could carry out that ordeal, they said.
Some said she used to run away from school to spend days out of campus and claimed to have been raped at a tender age.
One of her seniors Ms Jasmine Arku also confirmed that she knew her as a student of Krobo Girls and that she was behind her by one year.
Named by her employers as Ada, the presenter of Takoradi-based YFM, was said to have been abducted last week and sexually assaulted by unknown individuals.
She was found Tuesday morning and was receiving treatment at the GHAPOHA Hospital in Takoradi.
She had been missing for about five days and her employers - Global Media Alliance – owners of YFM put out her name and asked the public to help find her.
Her abductors reportedly took pictures of the sexual assault, which they posted on Facebook. Some of the pictures have also been circulating on Whatsapp.
Her mates, many of whom had heard about the incident and seen the pictures on social media told Graphiconline that the said victim was not a Nigerian as had been published earlier by some media houses.
There have been discussions in sections of the media pointing to the fact that the whole incident was staged and acted out but the police is however yet to come to that conclusion as they told Graphiconline that investigations were still ongoing.
The police and doctors in the Western region were able to speak with her on Wednesday but details of what transpired are not yet known.
There are suspicions that she contacted a syndicate and hired them to stage the act.
Meanwhile, the boyfriend of the victim, Rahman Nunoo, speaking to journalists in Takoradi early on, said he doubted her claims of abduction and sexual assault.
The victim, according to the police, has gone through this same experience four times in the past with the last before the present incident recorded in February 2015.
“On several occasions, she failed to cooperate to unravel the mystery surrounding her claims,” the boyfriend told journalists.
The boyfriend said in all her alleged kidnap and rape cases, the victim gave suspicious accounts of what exactly happened to her and who raped her.
According to Nunoo, while the victim upon her return said she walked from Mankesim to her Tanokrom residence in Takoradi, [a distance that takes approximately two hours by car] the supposed kidnapers sent him [Nunoo] a text message that said they could not find the way to his house and that they had left her naked on the street.