CLOGSAG Members call off strike

Members of CLOGSAG have been on strike over three weeks now demanding the payment of market premium before they return to work.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Civil and Local Government Service Staff Association of Ghana (CLOSSAG) has called off its strike.

This follows the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between leaders of the union and the Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, Haruna Iddrisu today [Thursday].

Members of CLOGSAG have been on strike over three weeks now demanding the payment of market premium before they return to work.

READ ALSO: CLOGSAG Strike Payment of premiums will 'throw the budget completely off track' - Mahama

However, the National Labour Commission described the strike as illegal.

The Minister of Employment and Labour Relations Haruna Iddrisu subsequently asked striking members of CLOGSAG to return to work or risk losing their August salaries.

At the end of a meeting on Monday, which ended inconclusively, the Minister of Labour and Employment relations, Haruna Iddrisu said CLOGSAG’s demands would be subjected to further consultations with the new market premium pay policy, expected to be introduced in January 2017.

“I am subjecting it to further consultation with the Fai Wages and Salaries Commission and the Ministry of Finance; Compensation Division and to further consult with higher authority whilst they also engage with their constituents and membership.”

“We have to reach an understanding as to where we will begin with in January when the government introduces a new market premium pay policy,” Mr. Iddrisu added.

President John Dramani Mahama had earlier pleaded with striking workers of the Civil and Local Government Service Staff Association of Ghana (CLOGSSAG), to return to work.

According to him, any attempt to yield to the demands of CLOGSAG “will throw the budget completely off track.”

“Election year over-expenditure has been the bane of our economic stability, I am happy to note that this year, even though an election year, expenditure targets are still on track and I intend to stick strictly to the budget and the Appropriations Act as approved by Parliament,” he said.

Download our mobile app today.

Android - Google Play Store

iPhone - Apple App Store

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos





Top Articles

1 Photo Duncan Williams leads prayers at Donald Trump's inauguration servicebullet
2 Women’s March Women in Accra march against Donald Trumpbullet
3 Leadership UN appoints ex-president Mahama to top positionbullet
4 Fired! We will ‘definitely lay off’ people appointed in Mahama’s...bullet
5 Yahya Jammeh Devout and erratic ex-leader of The Gambiabullet
6 Gambia Crisis Twitter explodes with rage over Hanna Tetteh's ...bullet
7 Ghana’s debt rises to Gh¢119.9 bnbullet
8 Ministerial Vetting NPP 'controversial' debt to Prudential...bullet
9 Northern Region Security tightened at Tatale over...bullet
10 Francisca Oteng-Mensah 24 year old MP complains about...bullet

Top Videos

1 Refugee Ghanaian to lose fingers after 7-hour trek to cross US borderbullet
2 In Zimbabwe President Mugabe’s 70 year-old aide marries his...bullet
3 Vitiligo Enam Honya - is challenging what you think about beautybullet
4 Obinim What happen'd when we fact checked Obinim's Bible knowledgebullet
5 Obinim saga We had sex only once - Obinim victims confessbullet
6 Watch Kumchacha delivers Counselor Lutterodt from 'demons'bullet
7 Video Taxi driver terrified after an encounter with a ghostbullet
8 Meet Aisha the female mate who aspires to be a driverbullet
9 Kwame Nkrumah Interchange Water leaks from hole in wall...bullet
10 Bishop Obinim Saga Teenagers disciplined by Obinim...bullet

News