Issakah Abu, his wife and five children were said to have complained of severe stomach pains after the meal, Saturday evening
A family of seven has been hospitalised after they ate chicken at Bremang Baako in the Central region.
Issakah Abu, his wife and five children were said to have complained of severe stomach pains after the meal, Saturday evening.
They are believed to have been poisoned by two men, Abu and Kwaku Agyiri, who served them the meal with a chicken they stole from them.
The victims are currently receiving treatment at the Bremang Esikuma Government Hospital.
A local reporter Yaw Puogyan who confirmed the incident to Starr FM said the suspects have fled the community.
He said the matter has not yet been reported to the police.
“Issakah received information that the guys had stolen his fowl so he went to their house and saw them preparing a meal with it and so he requested that they bring him some of the food when they are done.
“They obeyed and brought the food but apparently, it was poisoned so the entire family started complaining of stomach ache after they ate the chicken,” he narrated.