This was done in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20(1) of the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462
President John Dramani Mahama has in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20(1) of the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462 made the following new nominations as Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs).
1. Abura- Asebu- Kwamankese: Frank Pratt
2. Suhum Municipal: Margaret Ansei
3. Nkwanta South: Alfred Kofi Wukanya
4. Sefwi Wiawso: Lawrence Ackah Santana
5. Bolgatanga: Aboore Adongo Phillip
6. East Mamprusi: Magnus Jacob Yama Tampuri
7. Kpandai: Alfred Donkor
8. Tano North: Apraku Lartey.
This was contained in a statement from the office of the President, Flagstaff House.
The statement also said the following MMDCEs have been removed from Office:
1. Ada West: Anthony Klokpa
2. Kintampo South: Kwadwo Nyame Datiakwa
3. East Mamprusi: Imoro Adams
4. Kpandai: Jasper Jato Maoyi
5. Upper West Akim: Derek Ohene Asifo
6. Wassa Amenfi East: Stephen Baidoo
7. Sene West: Moses Adae Fofie