Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
Ingredients for Hausa Koko
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon hot chilli powder
Pinch of salt
Crunchy peanut butter
1. Scoop about 1/2 a cup of corn dough and place into a pan.
2. Add 1 cup of cold water and crumble up the corn dough to make a smooth paste with the water. Turn on the heat to high and stir continuously.
3. Add 2 cups of boiling water the the pot and bring to the boil whilst stirring continuously. At this point, the corn dough begins to thicken and form gelatinous looking lumps. I normally keep a whisk handy to aid in the smoothing out of the porridge.
4. Add a pinch of salt, the ground cloves, ginger and pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat.
5. When ready to serve, pour into a bowl, add the desired amount of sugar and stir. For an added touch of luxury, pour in some evaporated milk.
6. Garnish with crunchy peanut butter and drizzle honey.