A man in the US set a gas pump on fire as he tried to kill a spider with a cigarette lighter as he was filling his car up with petrol. The man miraculously managed to escape serious injury.
Using a lighter to kill the bug, he started a blaze that quickly engulfed the gas pump. He somehow escaped serious injury and the gas station's damage was contained to one pump, which was destroyed. The incident was recorded at a Center Line gas station.
Employee Susan Adams kept calm and hit the gas automatic stop button and quickly called the Center Line fire department.
The man grabbed a nearby extinguisher and put out the flames before firefighters arrived. Later he admitted what he did, saying he spotted a spider on his gas tank and because he's deathly afraid of the critters.
He pulled out his lighter and decided to burn it. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what happened next.
Employees at the gas station have been having fun with the video ever since.