Tragedy 7-year-old dies from allergic reaction to spaghetti dish

Cameron Wahid and his family were enjoying a half-term trip to Sorrento, Italy, when he went into anaphylactic shock after eating the dish.

  • Published:
7-year-old dies from allergic reaction to spaghetti dish play

7-year-old dies from allergic reaction to spaghetti dish

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A seven-year-old boy suffered a suspected allergic reaction and died after eating a bowl of spaghetti.

Cameron Wahid and his family were enjoying a half-term trip to Sorrento, Italy, when he went into anaphylactic shock after eating the dish followed by fruit.

The football fan was pronounced dead on Friday in a specialist children's hospital in Naples. He is believed to have had a dairy allergy.

The boy lived with his parents Cassandra and Rizwan and brother Aidan in East Grinstead, West Sussex.

D&D Footie Focus, which runs football classes he attends, issued a statement saying: "RIP Cameron Wahid.

"You will never be forgotten mate. We will all miss you and we know you will be playing football in the heavens above. Such a sad loss. One of East Grinstead's little gems is now a little angel."

The Wahid family were on a coach trip with other holidaymakers when he was taken ill on Tuesday last week.

The Foreign Office said: "Our deepest sympathies are with the family following this tragic death. Our staff are continuing to support them during this difficult time."

Source:Mirror.co.uk

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos