Gadget Addict Man electrocuted to death while using charging iPhone in bath

A 32-year-old has been electrocuted to death after he tried using his charging iPhone in the bath.

  • Published:
iPhone play

iPhone

(Colorware)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A man using his charging iPhone while in the bath has been electrocuted to death in Ealing, West London.

The 32-year-old man identified as Richard was found covered in severe burns to his chest, arms, and hand, so much so that his wife who made the discovered thought he had been attacked.

ALSO READ: Teenager Electrocuted By Charging Cell Phone Dies

The Sun reports that  the deceased is thought to have used an extension box with its cable running into the bathroom from the hallway then rested the phone against his chest.

As soon as the phone touched the water, Richard was electrocuted and died instantly.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said, “These (iPhones) seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.

“They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

ALSO READ: Girl Burnt To Death By iPhone She Was Charging

The mother of the deceased had this to say:

“I worry so many people, and especially teenagers who can’t be separated from their phones, don’t know how dangerous it is.”

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos