Blame It On The 'Akpeteshie' Man dies during drinking competition

A Chinese man has lost his life after he took part in a drinking competition.

  • Published:
  play (WWWN)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A Chinese man, Wang Qiang, has been reported dead after he suffered a seizure during an alcohol drinking contest and fell unconscious before he passed on in hospital, reports Emirate247.

Tests carried on him revealed that he had suffered from alcohol poisoning.

Qiang had participated in the contest with a friend and after downing lots of drinks, both men complained of feeling weird. But while the other man survived the alcohol poisoning, Qiang was not so lucky as he later died.

The organizers of the alcohol competition in Henan, were then ordered to pay restitution of more than $70,000 after the participant died due to excessive intake of alcohol.

Qiang's family filed a lawsuit against the organizers of the event, the Henan Alcohol Association, the Henan Alcohol Association Luoyang Office and Luoyang Siyue Trade Co. Ltd., for their active role in the death of Qiang.

The district court also ruled that the organizers should pay 447,642 yuan ($72,100) to the family.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos